We are looking for a skilled Machinist for our Ronkonkoma, NY headquarters, preferably with mill programming.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Work with engineering to ensure parts function properly in custom machines.
- Knowledge and experience in manual machining is preferred.
- Sets-up milling machine by installing and indicating vises and/or fixtures, loading and setting offsets of required tools including drills, taps and various cutters.
- Loads part(s) in vise or fixture, ensuring appropriate work holding force and that tool paths are free of obstructions.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, tapping, and cutting, including boring and, facing; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; adjusting offsets and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Conceptual skills, functional and technical skills, tooling, strong attention to detail, and solid judgment
- Basic math, geometry, and trigonometry
- Minimum 5 years of experience
Vacuum Instruments Corporation Personal Information Use Authorization
By submitting your resume you authorize Vacuum Instruments Corporation to use your personal information for recruitment purposes.
Vacuum Instruments Corporation does not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers with which it has not signed a formal fee agreement. Suppliers are determined by specific hiring needs. Therefore any resume received from an unapproved supplier is unsolicited and Vacuum Instruments Corporation is not obligated to pay referral fees.
Vacuum Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.