Helium Recovery Systems
Introducing a solution to lower the cost associated with tracer gas consumption While industries strive to meet increasing demands to offer higher quality products at lower prices, the need to efficiently recycle process gas becomes apparent. Helium Recovery features a group of high efficiency gas recycling systems that significantly reduce tracer operating costs. The Helium Recovery Systems offered consists of ASME coded pressure tanks, a set of compressor(s), gas analyzer, microprocessor controls and all necessary valving, gas regulation and piping.
HELIUM RECOVERY SYSTEMS FEATURES
- Recovery efficiencies up to 98%
- Standalone programmable control packages
- Compressors utilizing an oil-less piston seal design to prevent oil contamination of the test object
- ASME coded and certified gas storage vessels
- Continuous on-line gas concentration monitoring and feedback ensures tracer gas percentage levels
- Real time diagnostics
- Automatic start-up operation
- Non-Lubricated cylinder and piston offer for ease of maintenance
- Cushioned valves designed for long life and quiet operation
- Piston rod seals of glass-filled self-lubricating Teflon, spring-loaded to compensate for lateral rod movement, wear and temperature variations
- Crankcases totally enclosed with an automatic breather valve to prevent entrance of dust or foreign matter
HOW IT WORKS
The Helium Recovery Systems offered consists of ASME coded pressure tanks, a set of compressor(s), gas analyzer, microprocessor controls and all necessary valving, gas regulation and piping.
The helium recovery operation includes these major steps:
- The tracer gas in the product is vented into the vacuum surge tank (T1).
- During each stage of compression the tracer gas is passed through a set of high efficiency water cooled heat exchangers to remove the heat generated during compression.
- The final compressor outputs to tank (T3) completing the recycling operation.
SAMPLE HELIUM RECOVERY SYSTEM APPLICATION
The decision to invest in a Helium Recovery system is often determined by its financial feasibility.Here is a sample calculation to assist in determining if the system can be justified.
- Application: Helium leak test of A/C components
- Internal volume of product: 100 in3
- Production rate: 500/hr
- Tracer gas test pressure: 200 psig
In this sample application, the helium gas usage is 393.7 CFH. If we assume 2 shifts per day the helium consumption is 6300 cubic feet. If the cost of bulk helium at $10/100 cubic feet, the daily cost of helium is $630. At these levels the purchase price is recovered in less than two years. We also feature a very attractive leasing arrangement. Please ask for the latest details.
HELIUM RECOVERY SYSTEMS SPECIFICATIONS
A variety of models are available, each designed to recover a particular volume of gas. Standard sizes include:
- 4 SCFM P/N 925-117
- 8 SCFM P/N 925-119
- 20 SCFM P/N 925-112
- Approximately 98%. Actual efficiency will be dependent on charge pressure, cycle time and product volume.
- Systems utilize oil-less piston compressors designed for industrial gas compression applications.
- Microprocessor-based programmable logic controller housed in NEMA 12 enclosure. System includes diagnostics and operating parameter displays.
- Rack and pinion pneumatically actuated ball valves.
- ASME coded tanks designed for 300 psig service. Actual number and volume of tanks will be dependent upon gas handling volume. All manifolding, valving and tanks are helium leak tested to 1 × 10-6 atm cc/sec at 300 psig.
- Four high efficiency tube and shell exchangers ensure adequate cooling of process gas.
- A group of thermocouples and pressure transducers monitor temperature and pressure in critical areas. System includes real time monitoring capability and process alarm display.
- Tank pressures are displayed on operator control panel. System includes high pressure regulators for output supply and make-up process gas.
- Power: 440 Volt / 60Hz / 3 Phase
- Power Consumption: Approx. 18,000 Watts
- Cooling Water: 3-5 GPM at 70° F
Ratings are based on a 250 psig output. Other sizes available on request.
Product information is subject to change without notice. Product images may include options or accessories not included with the base model.