Specifically designed for thermal leak detection applications. We offer this concept for fast delivery of a custom system. The Scepter upon customer order would require custom tooling which is placed inside the chamber(s) to complete the system. The Scepter is offered as a single, dual or IHX configuration.
- Industries fastest delivery times
- IHX Patent pending technology
- Over 30 years of custom leak detection manufacturing packaged into the Scepter℠
- Market recognition for the most robust and accurate leak test systems
- Flexible tooling designs
Standardized components selected
- Chamber and Frame
- VIC, LLC’s MD‐490M Leak Detector
- Chamber Pump Package
- Gas Handling Cabinets
- Electrical Package
- Controls and Operator Interface Package
- Chamber Mounted Calibrated Gas Leak
Specification example for AC Hose assemblies
- Test Chamber Dimensions ‐ 54”w x 30”h x 18”d
- Leak Rate ‐ 2 x 10‐5 atm‐cc/sec He
- Tracer Gas Test Pressure ‐ 200‐300 psig
- One Part/Cycle Production Rate ‐ 120/hour (two parts per chamber per test)
- Chamber Type ‐ dual alternating automatic sliding door type with SST chambers
Note: Specifications can be customized to meet your applications requirements.
Note: Systems configured as single, dual alt., dual ind., SC or DC test and IHX configurations.
Customized tooling – the link from the product to system is integral to the test
- Ergonomic designs
- All single‐piece seal blocks for improved reliability and reduced downtime
- Reduced clamp set weight
- Interchangeable fixture pallet replacements
- Compact, compliant, and durable floating mounts
- System Frames and Chambers Ready To Go
- VIC, LLC is the leak detector manufacturer
- Interchangeable Fixture Pallets
- Reduced Clamp Set Weight
- Industries fastest delivery times
- Single source for the heart of the system
- Test different size parts in the same chamber
- Ergonomic design eases operators manual load
- Rugged ‘A’ frame system design
- Stringent R&R study approved
SCEPTER COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES
Vacuum Instruments Corporation (VIC) offers advanced design thermal leak detection solutions that are accurate, robust and cost-effective along with providing the industry’s fastest delivery times.
Base System - market recognized for robustness and durability
- Ruggedized ‘A’ frames providing ease of component mounting and support
- SST vacuum chamber(s) & high conductance valving longer lasting with faster cycle times
- Complete PLC electrical packaging featuring state-of-the-art HMI interfacing.
- Chamber mounted calibrated gas leak(s) provide accurate test qualification on each cycle along with complete system automatic calibration routine
Tracer Gas Leak Detector – Vacuum Instrument Corporation (VIC) Manufactured
- VIC's own MD and MS Series Leak Detectors are at least 1000 times more sensitive than other leak detection methods
- Fully interactive system diagnostics include critical parameters such as run times, operating voltages/currents and pressures
Customized Tooling – the link from the product to system
- Ergonomic interchangeable fixture pallet replacements
- Proprietary IHX capture technique completely tests the entire Co-Axial sections
- Stationary seal blocks eliminates tubing flex improving reliability and reduced downtime
- Full tooling commonality for flexible parts with identical end-fittings
Gas Handling - VIC offers charging, mixing, boosting and recovery units
- Valving contained in vented enclosures ensuring reduced tracer gas background
- Built-in pre-testing parameters such as pressure/vacuum decay, proof and gross leak ensuring all large leaks are handled properly
- Custom configurable to the specific gas handling requirements
- Built-in final testing parameters such as venting, flutter and recovery routines eliminating tracer gas background issues
VIC systems support all the extra’s required to complete your test
- Safety items including light curtains, photoelectric sensors, guarding and interlock gates.
- System ergonomics like operator fans, lights, start buttons, fitting and cup holders.
- Bar code scanning with verification, data logging and label printing.
- Gateway and linking device compatible.
- Physical part marking using lasers, punches and ink stamping.
Product information is subject to change without notice. Product images may include options or accessories not included with the base model.