Integrated Leak Identification Station
Leak ID Station, LEAKID-Base
The integrated Leak Identification Station was designed to test your proto-type parts and/or secondary tests of failed parts on your production line and/or any lower volume leak tests. The Leak Identification Station is a fully automatic vacuum decay leak test, followed by a Helium backfill and fully integrated with the VIC MD-490S fully automatic helium leak detector specifically designed for sniffing applications. Leak Identification Station Includes the VIC Smart Charge IV along with an MD-490S.
The Smart Charge lV offers fully automatic, custom configurable evacuation and gas backfill with built-in gross leak test that may be used to pre-charge products under test with gas for leak detection or for any gas charging application that requires evacuation and subsequent pressurization of a test product.
Ideal for Leak Testing
- Prototype Parts
- Secondary tests of production parts
- Production for lower volumes
WHAT'S INCLUDED WITH THE INTEGRATED LEAK IDENTIFICATION STATION
The integrated Leak Identification Station includes the:
VIC Smart Charge – IV with the following standard capabilities;
- Maximum Helium fill, pressures are up to 300psig.
- Ability to store up to 10 recipes, Dynamic Accumulative leak test working
- Touch screen 6” color (HMI) for system configuration/diagnostics display
- Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1100 PLC for all control, set- points, and lockout password functions.
- 16-bit analog input resolution on the pressure transducer.
- System includes all necessary controls, gauging, valving and 3CFM oilless product evacuation pump.
- Smart Charge/MD-490S Control Package
- Ethernet Port
MD-490S with the following standard capabilities;
- Auto calibration with built-in Helium leak standard.
- Oilless vacuum system utilizes a turbomolecular drag pump in conjunction with a high-performance diaphragm mechanical pump.
- Industry leading response time of less than a 0.5 sec.
- Dual filament stainless steel spectrometer tube.
- Fully integrated alphanumeric prompting display.
- 10’ (3 Meter) sniffer probe and 10-5 Atm-cc/sec calibrated leak standard.
- PLC and Analog Interface to Smart Charge IV
- 5 (five) years warranty on the major system components
BENEFITS OF THE INTEGRATED LEAK IDENTIFICATION STATION
- High Availability Turnkey Solution
- Rapid response time (< 0.5 seconds)
- Fully interactive system diagnostics
- Menu-driven 6” LCD multi-lingual display
- Cumulative leak rate rejection capability
- Leak site identification
- Helium background suppression
- User programmable test parameters
- Recipes include up to 50 leak locations with user configurable dwell time at each site
- End of cycle and Test complete audio alarm
- Nitrogen Proof with backfill option
- Helium Recovery option
- Dual filament stainless spectrometer tube
- Maintenance free dry pump
- Five year warranty on major system components
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE INTEGRATED LEAK IDENTIFICATION STATION
- Sensitivity:Smallest detectable helium leak rate 5x10-8Atm-cc/second helium (atmospheric sniffer mode).
- Response Time: Approximately 0.5 seconds.
- Leak Rate Range: 10-3~10-8Atm-cc/second direct reading of helium leak rate (compensated for atmospheric sampling).
- Startup Time: Less than 3 minutes; one-button automatic operation. The Smart Charge lllbase unit performs evacuation (25" Hg), vacuum decay test and tracer gas backfill to 300 psig. Units can be configured to perform evacuation to lower vacuum levels, proof test with pressure decay, high pressure operation (to 750 psig), gas recovery, and communication interface.
- Console: Microprocessor-based electronics incorporating 40-character alphanumeric prompting display; fully automatic operation including startup, shutdown, leak rate ranging, automatic zero, and diagnostics. Operating and runtime parameters, 40-segment leak rate indicator and operator function buttons
- Miniaturized 90○deflfection, fixed magnet design; all stainless steel construction; NW-40 flange for high vacuum connection; utilizes two non-burnout coated filaments.
- Pumps: Dry (oil-free) built-in diaphragm fore pump and 70-liter/second air-cooled molecular drag pump.
- Inlet System: Inter-stage design incorporating integral mass separator high flow atmospheric inlet; standard sniffer probe hose length 10-feet; other lengths available.
- Calibrated Leak: 150cchighpressurecylinder withlowvolumestainlesssteelleakelement traceabletoN.I.S.T.withcalibrationcertificate supplied;easilyremovableforrecalibration.
- Pressure Measurement: Probeblockedsensor (10-3Torr);turbopumpspeedcharacteristicsfor highvacuum(10-6Torr). Seamless tubing with compression fitting interconnects. Helium leak tested to 1.0 ×10-6 atm-cc/sec@600 psig.
- Product Evacuation Pump: Air Driven Venturi Pump Providing ultimate vacuum level 25.5" Hg.
- Electronics: Microprocessor-based programmable logic controller.
- Power: 120 Volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 6.5 Amps
- Dimensions: 13-9/16”(344mm) W x 15-9/16”(395mm) H x 24-5/16”(618mm) D.
- Utility Fittings: ¼” NPT female for Process 1 & 2, Part Vent, Helium Recovery, Shop Air, Nitrogen and Helium. ½” NPT female for Part Evacuation.
- Table: The Leak ID Station comes with an optional single or dual bench (quoted separately).
APPLICATIONS FOR THE INTEGRATED LEAK IDENTIFICATION STATION
Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Systems
- Evaporators & Condensers
- Air conditioning components
- Fuel Tanks
- Fuel Rails injection systems
- Air bags
- Heat exchangers
- Heater cores
- Pressure transducers
- Fire Extinguishers
- Gas Meters
- Heat Pumps
AVAILABLE OPTIONS FOR THE INTEGRATED LEAK IDENTIFICATION STATION
- Low Pressure <20psi
- High Pressure <750psi
- High Conductance
- Dual Gas
|Part No. LEAKID-Infra1
||Single Station Leak ID Test Stand and Mounts. Dimensions 49” x 37” x 54” (Height includes MD-490S)
|Part No. LEAKID-Infra2
||Dual Station Leak ID Test Stand and Mounts. Dimensions: 101” x 37” x 54” (Height includes MD-490S
|Part No. LEAKID-Tooling
||Tooling for Leak ID Station (Quoted Separately)
|Part No. LEAKID-20PSI
||Low Pressure Feature, 0-20 psig – Allows for operation at lower pressures with greater accuracy
|Part No. LEAKID-750PSI
||High Pressure Feature, 0-750 psig – Allows for operation at higher pressures
|Part No. LEAKID-N300PSI
||Nitrogen charge up to 300 psig. Nitrogen charge up to 300 psig. (includes nitrogen pressure decay gross leak test)
|Part No. LEAKID-N750PSI
||Nitrogen charge up to 750 psig. Nitrogen charge up to 750 psig. (includes nitrogen pressure decay gross leak test)
|Part No. LEAKID-HR
||Helium Recovery capability
|Part No. LEAKID-CONV
||230/115 Vac Conversion package
|Part No. LEAKID-IO
||User I/O Feature (Smart Charge User I/O Feature- 6 pin Phoenix Connector on rear panel and Internal harness to connect to PLC, provides 2 Input and 2 outputs)
|Part No. LEAKID-S300PSI
||300 psig Spanish Prompts for HMI (for Smart Charge III & MD-490S)
|Part No. LEAKID-S750PSI
||750 psig Spanish Prompts for HMI (for Smart Charge III & MD-490S)
|Part No. LEAKID-BC
||Barcode scanner Barcode scanner feature- Allows for use of a scanner to link to recipe structure /data logging/printing (scanner not included)
|Part No. 952-225-2
||Maintenance Kit, MD-490S DG
|Part No. 741-117
||Spare Probe Tip Filter, Box of 50
Product information is subject to change without notice. Product images may include options or accessories not included with the base model.