MD-490S Dual Gas Leak Detector
MD-490S DG, 966-495
MD-490S Dual Gas is the most advanced sniffing Helium/Hydrogen leak detector designed specifically for industrial environments. The MD-490S Dual Gas utilizes VIC’s own industrial-grade mass spectrometer to achieve the highest sensitivity, fastest response-time, and smallest footprint. With a touch of a button, this dual gas unit can detect either Helium or Hydrogen tracer gases, while using a single built-in dual purpose calibrated gas leak.
MD-490S DG FEATURES & BENEFITS
- One Button Switch between helium and hydrogen tracer gases.
- Fastest Response Time in the Industry (less than 0.5 seconds)
- Fully Automatic Calibration sequence with built-in dual gas (helium and hydrogen mix) NIST calibrated gas leak which prompts the operator to insert probe into the built-in leak and adjusts the machine’s leak rate reading to match the leak value. Designed for use with 5% H2 in N2 gas mixture, or Helium (user selectable)
- The Vibra-Leak™ Probe option with background suppression button provides tactile feedback when leak rate exceeds the reject set point; Ideally suited for noisy environments where audio alarms cannot be heard or where leak detectors are in close proximity; Vibra-Leak™ Probe solves background tracer gas problems during the test; Optional remote display.
- Tracer Gas Background Suppression with a push of a button; the MD-490S eliminates the tracer gas background.
- Most Sensitive Sniffer Available with 10-8 sensing capabilities through enhanced tracer gas collector design and signal processing.
- Fully Interactive System Diagnostics with multilingual displays include critical parameters such as run times, operating voltages/currents and pressures.
- Graphical and Numerical Displays of leak rate values.
- Sealed Membrane Keypad for long life in harsh environments.
- Dry (oil-free) Vacuum Pumping minimizes maintenance and potential oil-contamination problems.
- Probe Blockage Alarm ensures proper system performance.
- Front Panel Key Lock-Out prevents unauthorized use.
- High Output Adjustable Audio Alarm up to 110 dB.
- Less than 3 minutes total start-up time.
- Five year warranty on major components.
- Sensitivity: Smallest detectable helium leak rate 5x10-7 Atm-cc/second helium (atmospheric sniffer mode). Tuned for Mass 2.
- Response Time: Approximately 0.5 seconds. Leak Rate Range: 10-3~10-7 Atm-cc/second direct reading of helium leak rate (compensated for atmospheric sampling).
- Startup Time: Less than 3 minutes; one-button automatic operation.
- Console: Microprocessor-based electronics incorporating 40-character alphanumeric prompting display; fully automatic operation including startup, shutdown, leak rate ranging, automatic zero, and diagnostics including operating and runtime parameters; contains 40 segment leak rate indicator and operator function buttons.
Miniaturized 90° deflection, fixed magnet design; all stainless steel construction; NW-40 flange for high vacuum connection; utilizes two non-burnout thoria coated iridium filaments.
- Pumps: 1.5 cfm mechanical rotary vane fore pump and 70-liter/second air-cooled molecular drag pump.
- Inlet System: Interstage design incorporating integral mass separator high flow atmospheric inlet; standard sniffer probe hose length 10-feet; other lengths available.
- Calibrated Leak: 150cc high pressure cylinder with low volume stainless steel leak element traceable to N.I.S.T. with calibration certificate supplied; easily removable for recalibration.
- Pressure Measurement: Probe blocked sensor (10-3 Torr); turbopump speed characteristics for high vacuum (10-6 Torr).
Multilingual Alphanumeric Prompting Display
Optional Vibra-LeakTM Probe
Built-in Calibrated Leak is easy to view
Power: 115/220 Volts AC, 60/50 Hz, 6/3 Amps; CE Compliant
Weight: 70 pounds (31.8 kilograms)
Dimensions: 13-9/16”(344mm) W x 15-9/16”(395mm) H x 24-5/16”(618mm) D
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
Coils, Evaporators, Condensers, Compressors, Hoses
Radiators, Air Conditioning Components, Fuel Tanks, Fuel Injection Systems, Air Bags, Heat Exchangers, Heater Cores, Pressure Transducers, Headlights, Wheels, hoses
Fire Extinguishers, Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps, Refrigerators, Freezers, Gas Meters, Gauges
Process Gas Lines, Valves
Medical Products & related sub-assemblies
Food Packaging & related sub-assemblies
Aerospace Components & related sub-assemblies
Product information is subject to change without notice. Product images may include options or accessories not included with the base model.